We live in a broken world. But does it have to be this broken?
No, says Dr. Jim Garlow, who offers engaging, biblical answers to our most pressing cultural questions.
The real division in America is not Right vs. Left but right vs. wrong. And in that dispute, God’s Word is the definitive authority.
“I believe that the Bible speaks not merely to personal, family, and church issues, but to national, community, and governmental issues if we would take the time to listen.” –James L. Garlow
Conservative Christians admit that they do not speak out on political or cultural issues because they do not know how to support their beliefs from a biblical basis, according to a recent poll. Instead, they remain silent on critical issues like marriage, racism, and transgender issues because they feel uninformed and ill-equipped to defend their beliefs.
New York Times bestselling author and pastor James L. Garlow offers the solution—a practical, biblical guide for the 21st century Christian. Well Versed: Biblical Answers to Today’s Tough Issues informs and prepares readers to tackle the important issues of the day and engage with those around them in a loving, Scripturally-based manner.
In Well Versed, readers will learn Biblical responses to:
- Religion in the Public Square – Purpose of Government, the First Amendment, and Political Correctness
- Family and Life Issues – Marriage, School Choice, Abortion, Sexual Orientation, and Healthcare
- Economics – Capitalism vs. Socialism, Taxes, Debt, Welfare, and Minimum Wage
- Law and Society – Judiciary, Hate Crimes, Social Justice, and Racism
- Foreign Policy and World Issues – National Defense, Immigration, Israel, the Environment, Islam, and Terrorism
- Political Participation – Media and Civil Disobedience